First, let’s start by understanding what black resistance is:
The term “black resistance” encompasses actions and activities black people undertake to push back against oppression and discrimination. It can refer to large-scale movements like the Civil Rights movement to smaller everyday acts of defiance.
Black resistance is often born out of necessity, as black people have long been subjected to various forms of oppression, whether economic, social, or political. In recent years, the Black Lives Matter movement has brought renewed attention to the issue of police brutality and racial injustice, sparking a new wave of black resistance across the country.
There are many ways to resist oppression, and there is no one right way to do it. It is important that black people continue to stand up and fight for their rights, whether through protests, art, or simply living their lives with purpose and pride.
There are many ways to celebrate black resistance, both large and small. Here are just a few ideas:
* Whatever way you celebrate black resistance, remember that the most important thing is to keep fighting for a more just and equitable world.
* Educate yourself and others about black history and the issues facing black people. This can be done through books, films, articles, and conversations.
* Support black-owned businesses and organizations.
* Stand up to racism and bigotry whenever you see it. This can be done by speaking out, writing letters, or even refusing to participate in activities that support racism.
* Celebrate black culture. This can be done through music, art, food, and fashion.
* Commit to learning and growing as an ally to black people. This means listening more than you speak and striving to improve.
What black resistance is for one of our speakers Cheryl Wills:
Want to explore further? Find our complete list of speakers on our website. If you’re planning an upcoming event or training, please reach out anytime – we are happy to jump on a call to help you craft the perfect event. Easiest way to contact us is either through our website or sending a message to email@example.com