Before you host a workshop or hire Ingrid Harb, one of our speakers and founder of NOTA Inclusion to facilitate this session. Let’s start by understanding the importance of unlearning.
Unlearning is the process of letting go of outdated or incorrect information, beliefs, behaviors, or habits. It is essential because it allows individuals to adapt to changing circumstances, challenges, and new information.
Here’s why it’s important:
1. To acquire new knowledge and skills: Unlearning old ways of doing things can make room for new knowledge and skills. This can help individuals to stay competitive in their careers and personal lives.
2. To overcome biases and prejudices: Unlearning can help individuals to identify and overcome their biases and prejudices, which can improve their interactions with others and lead to a more inclusive society.
3. To cope with change: Unlearning allows individuals to let go of old ways of thinking and behaving, making it easier to adapt to change and uncertainty.
4. To improve decision-making: Unlearning can help individuals to re-evaluate their beliefs and assumptions, which can lead to better decision-making and problem-solving.
5. To stay relevant: Unlearning helps individuals to stay relevant in a constantly changing world by being open to new ideas and approaches.
In summary, unlearning is essential for personal growth, adaptability, and success in an ever-changing world.
Here’s how our founder and speaker Ingrid Harb unlearning journey:
Now, the workshop Ingrid can help you moderate covers these discussion topics:
1. What do I need to unlearn Personally
2. What do I need to unlearn as a team/department
3. What does the company need to unlearn
Before diving into this facilitation, she covers steps that unlearning can happen not only personally but also systemically. Interested in this workshop? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and availability.